English to English
• the new hires need special training
||the act of hiring something or someone |
• he signed up for a week's car hire
||The price, reward, or compensation paid, or contracted to be paid, for the temporary use of a thing or a place, for personal service, or for labor; wages; rent; pay. |
||engage or hire for work |
• They hired two new secretaries in the department
• How many people has she employed?
||hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services |
||engage for service under a term of contract |
• We took an apartment on a quiet street
• Let's rent a car
• Shall we take a guide in Rome?
||To procure (any chattel or estate) from another person, for temporary use, for a compensation or equivalent; to purchase the use or enjoyment of for a limited time; as, to hire a farm for a year; to hire money. |