English to English
||lower (one's body) as by kneeling |
• Get down on your knees!
||move something or somebody to a lower position |
• take down the vase from the shelf
||pass through the esophagus as part of eating or drinking |
• Swallow the raw fish--it won't kill you!
||lower someone's spirits; make downhearted |
• These news depressed her
• The bad state of her child's health demoralizes her
||put down in writing; of texts, musical compositions, etc. |
||take the first step or steps in carrying out an action |
• We began working at dawn
• Who will start?
• Get working as soon as the sun rises!
• The first tourists began to arrive in Cambodia
• He began early in the day
• Let's get down to work now