English to English
||take the first step or steps in carrying out an action |
• We began working at dawn
• Who will start?
• Get working as soon as the sun rises!
• The first tourists began to arrive in Cambodia
• He began early in the day
• Let's get down to work now
||set in motion, cause to start |
• The U.S. started a war in the Middle East
• The Iraqis began hostilities
• begin a new chapter in your life
• Who started this company?
• We embarked on an exciting enterprise
• I start my day with a good breakfast
• We began the new semester
• The afternoon session begins at 4 PM
• The blood shed started when the partisans launched a surprise attack
||To have a beginning or origin; to originate; to start; to begin. |
||To enter upon; to begin; to perform the first act of. |