English to English
||weedy annual grass often occurs in grainfields and other cultivated land; seeds sometimes considered poisonous |
||weedy annual native to Europe but widely distributed as a weed especially in wheat |
||someone who leads you to believe something that is not true |
||the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme |
• that book is a fraud
||a deception for profit to yourself |
||An act of deception or fraud; that which is the means of fraud or deception; a fraud; a trick; imposition; imposture. |
||Wheat, or bread made from wheat. |
||deprive somebody of something by deceit |
• The con-man beat me out of $50
• This salesman ripped us off!
• we were cheated by their clever-sounding scheme
• They chiseled me out of my money
||defeat someone through trickery or deceit |
||engage in deceitful behavior; practice trickery or fraud |
• Who's chiseling on the side?
||be sexually unfaithful to one's partner in marriage |
• She cheats on her husband
• Might her husband be wandering?
||To deceive and defraud; to impose upon; to trick; to swindle. |
||To practice fraud or trickery; as, to cheat at cards. |