English to English
• recall the defective auto tires
• The manufacturer tried to call back the spoilt yoghurt
||recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection |
• I can't remember saying any such thing
• I can't think what her last name was
• can you remember her phone number?
• Do you remember that he once loved you?
• call up memories
||return or repeat a telephone call |
• I am busy right now--can you call back in an hour?
• She left a message but the contractor never called back
• The ambassador was recalled to his country
• The company called back many of the workers it had laid off during the recession