English to English
• this thing has got to end
• it is a remarkable thing
• how could you do such a thing?
• a thing of the spirit
• things of the heart
• how does this thing work?
• a funny thing happened on the way to the...
||a vaguely specified concern |
• several matters to attend to
• it is none of your affair
• things are going well
||a statement regarded as an object |
• to say the same thing in other terms
• how can you say such a thing?
||an entity that is not named specifically |
• I couldn't tell what the thing was
||any attribute or quality considered as having its own existence |
• the thing I like about her is ...
• the thing is to stay in bounds
||a persistent illogical feeling of desire or aversion |
• he has a thing about seafood
• she has a thing about him
||a separate and self-contained entity |
||Whatever exists, or is conceived to exist, as a separate entity, whether animate or inanimate; any separable or distinguishable object of thought. |
||In Scandinavian countries, a legislative or judicial assembly; -- used, esp. in composition, in titles of such bodies. See Legislature, Norway. |