English to English
||A seeking again; a discovery. |
||get or find back; recover the use of |
• She regained control of herself
• She found her voice and replied quickly
• retrieve the car from the parking garage
||run after, pick up, and bring to the master |
• train the dog to retrieve
||recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection |
• I can't remember saying any such thing
• I can't think what her last name was
• can you remember her phone number?
• Do you remember that he once loved you?
• call up memories
||To find again; to recover; to regain; to restore from loss or injury; as, to retrieve one's character; to retrieve independence. |
||To discover and bring in game that has been killed or wounded; as, a dog naturally inclined to retrieve. |