English to English
||direct or control; projects, businesses, etc. |
• She is running a relief operation in the Sudan
||perform as expected when applied |
• The washing machine won't go unless it's plugged in
• Does this old car still run well?
• This old radio doesn't work anymore
||handle and cause to function |
• do not operate machinery after imbibing alcohol
• control the lever
||perform a movement in military or naval tactics in order to secure an advantage in attack or defense |
• What is going on in the minds of the people?
• engaged the gears
• The doctors operated on the patient but failed to save his life
||To perform a work or labor; to exert power or strengh, physical or mechanical; to act. |
||To produce, as an effect; to cause. |