English to English
||the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose |
• he gave me an assist with the housework
• could not walk without assistance
• rescue party went to their aid
• offered his help in unloading
||(sports) the act of enabling another player to make a good play |
||give help or assistance; be of service |
• Everyone helped out during the earthquake
• Can you help me carry this table?
• She never helps around the house
||act as an assistant in a subordinate or supportive function |
||work for or be a servant to |
• May I serve you?
• She attends the old lady in the wheelchair
• Can you wait on our table, please?
• Is a salesperson assisting you?
• The minister served the King for many years
||To give support to in some undertaking or effort, or in time of distress; to help; to aid; to succor. |