English to English
||dismiss from the mind; stop remembering |
• I tried to bury these unpleasant memories
• I'm drawing a blank
• You are blocking the name of your first wife!
• Don't forget to call the chairman of the board to the meeting!
||leave behind unintentionally |
• I forgot my umbrella in the restaurant
• I left my keys inside the car and locked the doors
||To lose the remembrance of; to let go from the memory; to cease to have in mind; not to think of; also, to lose the power of; to cease from doing. |