English to English
||argue or speak in defense of |
• She supported the motion to strike
||be on the defensive; act against an attack |
||protect against a challenge or attack |
• Hold that position behind the trees!
• Hold the bridge against the enemy's attacks
||fight against or resist strongly |
• The senator said he would oppose the bill
• Don't fight it!
||protect or fight for as a champion |
||be the defense counsel for someone in a trial |
• Ms. Smith will represent the defendant
• He maintained his innocence
||To ward or fend off; to drive back or away; to repel. |