English to English
||give moral or psychological support, aid, or courage to |
• She supported him during the illness
• Her children always backed her up
||move backwards from a certain position |
• The bully had to back down
||establish as valid or genuine |
• Can you back up your claims?
||make a copy of (a computer file) especially for storage in another place as a security copy |
• You'd better back up these files!
||become or cause to become obstructed |
• The leaves clog our drains in the Fall
• The water pipe is backed up