English to English
• This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us
• Preparation will guarantee success!
||inform positively and with certainty and confidence |
• I tell you that man is a crook!
||assure somebody of the truth of something with the intention of giving the listener confidence |
• I assured him that traveling to Cambodia was safe
||be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something |
• He verified that the valves were closed
• See that the curtains are closed
• control the quality of the product
||cause to feel sure; give reassurance to |
• The airline tried to reassure the customers that the planes were safe
||make a promise or commitment |
||To make sure or certain; to render confident by a promise, declaration, or other evidence. |